I have finally finished creating a blog post for most of the different tips and tricks when teaching student using the interactive Smartboard Notebook software. If you have any other ways that you use it in your classroom or ideas that would save teachers time when creating Smart Presentations, please share them in comment section below.
Tips and Tricks
- Magic Pen
- Three tricks using the magic pen. You have to try these out.
- Disable SmartInk
- If you are annoyed with the SmartInk tool bar in the Notebook 11 software, this tutorial will show you how to disable it.
- Screen Shade quiz
- Use a screen shade to hide and show parts of your Notebook presentation.
- View Web Pages
- Add a web browser to your Notebook presentation. This way you don't have to flip between a browser and your presentation.
- Move from one page to another quicker
- Just swipe left and right to move around pages in your presentation.
- Alignment Tool
- Use the alignment tool to make sure your objects are in line and your presentation neat.
- Transparent Notebook Presentation
- Make your presentation transparent so you can write on other programs and then copy the ink into your Smartboard presentation.
- Clear Ink
- Use the clear ink button to quickly erase all ink from your page.
- Time Saves
- Use timed saves so that you don't have to worry about pushing the saved button.
- Floating Toolbar
- Don't like your Smartboard Notebook's floating toolbar. This tutorial will show you how to get rid of it.
- Matching Game
- Create a simple Smartboard matching game using a table and a table shade.
- Board Game
- Create a simple board game using dice and flip tiles.
- Instant Checker Tool
- This idea will allow you to create a different quiz type of activity. Add questions and answers and then use the checker tool to tell students which answer is the correct one.
- Extreme Collaboration
- This Smart Notebook add-on allows students with mobile devices or computers with internet access to interact with your Smartboard Presentation.